Friday, July 11, 2008

The Grand Master Plan

Well, I found this really cool CAD package called SketchUp that Google gives away, and I drew up the layout for the garden. Anything in 2-D is in the plan, and the 3-D stuff is actually out there.



As you can see ... I've got a ways to go to get done yet. The green beds are planted. The two blue ones I might get done this week (a late corn planting and pumpkins), and the pink ones I hope to have available for fall crops. The blue area is a 2 foot wide planting area inside of a fence that will eventually encircle the entire thing, providing both critter protection and a trellising system all the way around for those narrow beds and for things like those giant sunflowers.

Gotta run for now though ... just thought I'd throw out a quickie.

No comments: